We don't just do heated clothing! Welcome to our cooling vest guide.
Who are cooling vests for?
At The Warming Store, we have cooling vests available for a range of activities and uses.
- Construction workers, gardeners and anyone else who works outside during the summer
- Military personnel
- People suffering from medical conditions with heat sensitivity
- Sportsmen and sportswomen
- Emergency Services
- Anyone who wants to enjoy the summer without being overwhelmed by heat
How do they work?
We have 3 styles of cooling vests which work in different ways to help you keep your cool.
Evaporative Cooling Vests
These use the natural effect of evaporation to cool you down. When these vests are placed into water the specially made non-toxic material absorbs hundreds of times its weight in water. This stored water is then slowly released. In hot conditions, this water will start to evaporate. As it does, the heat from the wearer is transferred into the air helping to reduce your temperature.
- Light weight.
- Easy to use throughout the day. If it dries out all you have to do is submerge into water for hours more cooling.
- No electricity is required making them perfect for people on the move.
- The most affordable form of cooling vest.
Phase Changing Vests
These non-toxic vests have a large pocket front and back in which a refrigerated, frozen, water or air conditioned cooled pack can be inserted. This flexible cooled pack will then help reduce the wearers’ temperature for up to 4 hours. These inserts can be refrozen as and when necessary. Each vest comes with one set of packs. For all day cooling we suggest ordering extra packs which can be kept in a freezer or cooler until it is necessary to exchange them.
- Hard wearing.
- Works in high humidity.
- Each cool pack can be reused.
- Does not produce condensation.
- Typically provides a cooler temperature than evaporative cooling vests.
Pumped Water Cooling Shirts
These are the most advanced and the coolest of the cooling vests. Based on technology developed by NASA, these shirts work by circulating cool water through non-kink tubing around the wearer’s body. As this water moves through the system it takes the heat away from the body cooling you down. This water then flows back through the System Unit to a reserve of ice cold water. The circulating water automatically cools before being re-circulated around the vest.
- Come in different power options including 12v, battery and standard outlet.
- Provide a cooler temperature than both evaporative and phase changing cooling vests.
- Works in high humidity.
- Available as shirts, vests and even pants!
- Can be used as rehabilitation stations for construction workers or emergency services