Battery Heated Apparel Buyers Guide
Battery heated clothing is a relatively new world in the clothing industry. We understand that, with the ever-expanding offerings from many different manufacturers, making a purchase can be a daunting task. Our heated clothing expects have taken their many years of expertise, and feedback from customers, and compiled it all into this handy guide for those unfamiliar with all that is heated clothing. Battery heated clothing offers many ways to keep warm in the cold. From base layers, that are like heated long underwear, to heated outer layers like battery heated puffer jackets, the best garment depends on the individual who is buying it. We hope that the information contained in this article will help you navigate the heated clothing world and find the perfect heated garment solution for your needs.
Heated Base Layers
Battery heated base layers work like long underwear or low-profile vest liners. They product and help to hold in heat while all the layers you wear over them insulate and trap the heat. Most base layer shirts have heating elements in the chest and back. Pants tend to have panels in the lower back and thigh area. The base layers, being closest to the skin, will offer the most noticeable heat production when used properly with outer layers.
- Actionheat 5V Battery Heated Base Layer Shirt & Pants – Also available in Women's shirt and Women's pants. The ActionHeat battery heated base layers are revolutionary in the world of heated clothing. Using the patented 5V signal technology, it allows for any 5V battery to be used with the ActionHeat base layers. This allows for unlimited battery options! The ActionHeat base layers come with a powerful 5V 6000mah Power Bank. This power bank powers your garment and can also charge your phone, tablet, or any USB charged-device. Actionheat allows you to stay warming and enjoy outdoor winter activities longer than ever before!
- Volt 7V Battery Heated Base Layer – This lightweight garment will not only provide you with soothing heat but also wicks away moisture to keep you dry making it the perfect base layer choice. Constructed with a Micro polyester/spandex material with a brushed fleece lining that contributes to making it a comfortable fit. The Zero Layer heating system uses two 7v heating panels concentrating heat to the middle of the back to help keep your core warm. Provides over 170 degrees of soothing heat on high for 3.5 hours and up to 15 hours on the lowest setting.
- Mobile Warming Ion Shirt & Pant and Primer Shirt & Pant – MW has been in the garment game for a long time. They are pioneers of innovation and quality products. Their new offerings to the base layer category are as awesome as we would hope. Touch button control is great…. Unless the button is located underneath layers. That’s why these base layers are now Bluetooth enabled! On top of that, both base layers are anti-microbial and anti-static. They’re also super comfortable!
Heated Vest continue to be a best seller for us at The Warming Store, perhaps the reason why is their functional versatility. They can be used as an outer layer on a crisp autumn night or you can use it as an inner layer under an unheated coat when spending some extended time outside during winter. Like to keep your heating bill low? Toss on a heated vest! With the choice of fleece, softshell, or puffer, you can select the best garment that will meet your heating needs.
- ActionHeat Vests – AH is proud to offer two style of vest to the garment market. They carry a softshell vest in both men’s and women’s sizes that is perfect for layering or wearing whenever. If you’re looking for something a bit more stylish with some insulating value than look no further than the men’s and women’s puffer vest. These are wonderful for fall and early spring hikes, bird watching, bike rides, or really any time! They also run off ActionHeat’s 6000mh 5v USB battery, meaning that any battery bank will power these vests.
- Mobile Warming Vests – MW also has vests in a variety of styles and cuts. Mobile Warming is the only company to offer a rugged duck cloth work vest: The Foreman. These use a super powerful 12V battery, with incredible heat output. Also worth looking at is their endeavor puffer vest that uses a similar 12V battery and features Bluetooth technology. Keep an eye out on what Mobile Warming has to offer, as they frequently make improvements and update their stellar line of products.
Battery heated jackets are a great option when looking for relief from the bitter cold. Much like the heated vest, most of the heated jackets will feature heating elements in the chest and back. Jackets come in several varieties. Chances are we have what you’re looking for! Here are a few of our favorites
- ActionHeat – Our favorite brand offers a plethora of outerwear to suite you styles. Check out their Women’s hooded puffer coat, stylish flannel, rugged work jacket, and sleek softshell.
- Mobile Warming – Mobile Warming continues to set the bar with their jackets and coats. Their duck cloth Foreman jacket might be the warmest garment we sell. Be sure to check out all of their new Bluetooth enabled clothing including their incredible 12V Ridge puffer jacket.
- Gobi Heat – Formerly known as Dragon Heatwear, Gobi’s jackets, vests, and coats are a stylish addition to the brands the we carry. Gobi’s zone series of garments have a series of smaller heating panels located throughout the garment. They deliver on their promise to “Harness the Heat of the Desert.”
- Ororo – Ororo is all about getting folks outside again, despite the weather. Their jackets are as hardcore as you, and come with a super interesting 7.4 Volt battery that charges quickly using USB-C.
- Torch 2.0 – Turn your favorite Jacket into a heated jacket! This is one of the most brilliant products that we carry. It’s a set of modular heating panels that Velcro into any jacket or coat. This is a great way to reuse what you already have but to give your jacket the added boost it needs in the depths of December.