Welcome To The Warming Store's Battery Heated Apparel Buyers Guide
Battery heated clothing is a relatively new world in the clothing industry. We understand that making a purchase can be a daunting task with the ever-expanding offerings from many different manufacturers. Our heated clothing experts have taken their many years of expertise along with feedback from our customers and compiled it all into this handy guide for those unfamiliar with heated clothing.
Battery heated clothing offers many different ways to keep warm in the cold. From base layers that act like heated long underwear to heated outer layers such as battery heated puffer jackets, the best garment depends on individual needs. If you just need something to take the bite out of winter while running errands, then a fleece or softshell vest might work best for you. If you're constantly chilled or can't handle any cold, then you might be interested in a base layer and a heated puffer vest or jacket. Just like regular unheated clothing, battery heated clothing works best when used in layers.
We hope that the information contained in this article will help you navigate the heated clothing world and find the perfect heated garment solution for your individual needs.
Heated Base Layers
Battery heated base layers act as heated long underwear or low-profile heated vest liners. Many brands have heating elements in the chest and back, while base layer pants located the panels at the lower back and thighs. Base layers are best used as an inner layer under your regular shirt and pants. This maximizes heat retention. Base layers, being closest to the skin, offer noticeable heat production when used properly.
- ActionHeat 5V Battery Heated Base Layer Shirt & Base Layer Pants - Also available in Women's Shirt and Women's Pants. The ActionHeat Battery Heated Base Layers are revolutionary in the world of heated clothing. Using 5V signal technology, they allow for any 5V USB battery to be used with the ActionHeat base layers. This allows unlimited battery options! The ActionHeat base layers include an ultra-powerful ActionHeat 5V Power Bank 6000mAh. This power bank powers your garment and can also charge your phone, tablet, or any USB-charged device. ActionHeat heated garments use FAR infrared heating and ActionWave heat reflective technology to deliver hours of heat and comfort. These revolutionary garments feature built-in heating panels and are made with ActionFlex material that provides lightweight warmth, comfort, and versatility. ActionHeat allows you to stay warm and enjoy outdoor winter activities longer than ever before!
- Volt 7V Battery Heated Base Layer - This lightweight garment not only provides you with soothing heat but also wicks away moisture, making it the perfect base layer choice. Constructed from micro polyester/Spandex material, the brushed fleece lining makes a comfortable fit. The Zero Layer heating system uses two 7v heating panels that concentrate heat down the middle of the back helping to keep your core warm. Provide soothing heat on high for 3.5 hours and up to 15 hours of heat on the lowest setting.
- Mobile Warming 7.4V Battery Heated Primer Base Layer & Pants - The Mobile Warming Primer Shirt and Pants for men are versatile garments designed to wear close to your skin under your regular clothing These amazing heated base layers fit comfortably under your favorite ski or hunting apparel to provide hours of heat so you can enjoy the cold weather like never before. The wonderful wicking ability make the shirt and pants great layering pieces and a must for any long-term exposure to cold weather. The antimicrobial fabric fights odor and bacteria to keep the garment fresh. Available in women's shirt and pants.
- FNDN Heated Skin-Fit Base Layer Pro & Pants - FNDN brings the heat, straight outta Detroit! Constructed out of a moisture-wicking, lightweight and stretchy fabric, the base layer top has thumbhole cuffs so the arms never ride up. Four heat settings let you really dial in the amount of warmth desired. The FNDN Pants allow you to easily connect to the FNDN Base Layer Socks and control their heat setting with the same pants controller. FNDN base layers batteries use USB charging and small and lightweight BEGO batteries.
- Volt Torso Vest Liner - The Volt Resistance Heated Vest Liner has been named the "Torso" due to its slim and lightweight feel. With its extremely low profile design, it will feel like a part of your body when layered under an insulated outer shell. Using Volt's four-panel 7V Zero Layer heat system (two panels in the back and upper back, two panels on the chest), you get hours of easy heat, allowing you to stay comfortable in the worst of conditions. The Torso is a simple unisex garment that functions as a piece of equipment, allowing you to get the job done. The Torso Vest Liner is a simple garment that fits comfortably and works hard to keep you warm and enjoy cold weather like never before.
- Mobile Warming Thawdaddy 7V Battery Heated Vest - The unisex Mobile Warming Thawdaddy Heated Vest in black is a great solution if you need to place heat inside many different garments. The Thawdaddy has 3 heated panels powered by two 7.4V Lithium-ion batteries that keep you warm for hours. First, lay the vest over your neck and shoulders and fasten the front tab into place, then put your jacket on. There is an on/off button with 4 heat settings making this an irresistible piece to have for the winter. Turn any garment into a heated garment with the Thawdaddy Vest!
Battery heated jackets are a great option when looking for relief from the bitter cold. Much like the heated vest, most of the heated jackets will feature heating elements in the chest and back area but, unlike a vest, jackets have sleeves. The one drawback is that no battery heated jacket will have heated sleeves. Unfortunately, current battery technology is not powerful enough to heat both the core and arms effectively for a decent amount of time. Nevertheless, we have some great heated jacket options that will keep you as snug as a bug in a rug.
- ActionHeat 5V Battery Heated Jacket - Also available in Women's sizes. Those super smart folks at ActionHeat have taken their state-of-the-art patented 5V signal technology and applied it to a heated vest that revolutionized the heated jacket market. ActionHeat's 5V technology allows that any USB 5V battery can be used with the ActionHeat Jacket. This means unlimited battery options! The ActionHeat Jacket features a rugged softshell exterior, giving you water and wind resistance. ActionHeat heated garments use FAR infrared heating and ActionWave heat reflective technology to deliver hours of heat and comfort. These innovative garments feature built-in heating panels and are made with ActionFlex material that provides lightweight warmth, comfort, and versatility. ActionHeat allows you to stay warming and enjoy outdoor winter activities longer than ever before!
- Mobile Warming 7.4V Battery Heated Alpine BT Jacket For Men- The Mobile Warming Alpine Softshell Jacket is great for all outdoor activities. Three heating panels placed on the front and back along with the multi-level Bluetooth enabled battery keep you warm for up to 10 hours. The lightweight construction makes it best for all types of climbing, cross-country and backcountry skiing, hiking, or any other outdoor activity with an aerobic element where protection from rain and snow is important.
- Mobile Warming 7V Battery Heated Aspen Jacket For Women - The Mobile Warming Aspen Softshell Jacket is great for all obstacles modern women face in the bitter cold. Three heating panels placed on the front and back along with the multi-level battery keep you warm for up to 10 hours. The lightweight construction makes it best for walking the dog, cross-country running, back-country jogging, hiking, or any other outdoor activities where protection from rain and snow is important. This jacket features an integrated touch-button control built into the garment for easy temperature selection.
- Milwaukee M12 Toughshell Heated Jacket - Adding versatility to the Milwaukee Heated Gear line, the M12 Toughshell Jacket uses durable carbon fiber heating elements to distribute and maintain heat across core body areas. Heat zones span the chest, back and both hand pockets to provide the right amount of heat for any season. Working on or off the job site, the M12 Toughshell Jacket provides up to 6 hours of continuous heat per battery charge to keep you moving without the need for multiple layers to stay warm.
- Gerbing Gyde 7.4V Battery Torrid Softshell Jacket for Men - Also available in Real Tree. This softshell jacket is powered by Gerbing's patented heating technology to provide top-quality warmth and comfort during the cold winter season. Constructed from a four-way stretch softshell fabric with bonded fleece inside, the Torrid has a DWR finish on the outer shell to repel snow and rain. Microwire heating zones in the collar, chest, and back provide all-over warmth and comfort. The 7.4V battery has an integrated microprocessor and LED switch with four heat settings that allow you to dial in the precise amount of heat needed.
- Gobi Heat Sahara 3-Zone Heated Jacket for Men - Also available in Women's sizes. The Sahara Softshell Jacket is wind-, water-, and abrasion-resistant and allows you to control your body temperature with three heat settings with three heat zones in the most effective locations: two zones in the chest and a large zone in the back. Lined with ultrasoft polar fleece, the Sahara uses a powerful 7.4V battery that quickly recharges in 3 to 4 hours. Or simply grab an additional battery for longer excursions.
Battery Heated Vests
Battery heated vests are one of the most popular battery-heated garments here at The Warming Store. The secret is the versatility of heated vests. They can be used as an outer layer on crisp nights, when walking the dog, or as a mid-layer under an unheated winter coat during chilly sporting events. With a choice of fleece, puffer, or softshell construction, you can select the best garment to meet your heating needs.
- ActionHeat 5V Battery Heated Vest - Also available in Women 's sizes. The smart folks at ActionHeat have taken their state-of-the-art patented 5V signal technology and applied it to the heated vest, revolutionizing the market. ActionHeat's 5V technology allows that any 5V USB battery can be used with the ActionHeat Vests. This means unlimited battery options! This vest features a rugged softshell exterior which gives you water and wind resistance. This vest can also be used as a mid-layer under a heavier winter coat or raincoat in extreme weather conditions. ActionHeat heated garments use FAR infrared heating and ActionWave heat reflective technology to deliver hours of heat and comfort. This vest features built-in heating panels and is made with ActionFlex material that provides lightweight warmth without sacrificing comfort and versatility. the ActionHeat Softshell Vest allows you to stay warm and enjoy outdoor winter activities longer than ever before!
- Lenz Battery Heated Vest - The Lenz 1.0 Vest is also available in Women's sizes. The Lenz Vest is unique because of its low-profile fit so it can be worn as a mid-layer or as a stand-alone heated vest. The 1.0 Heated Vest has 2 heating elements in the kidney and back areas and offers maximum comfort as well as mobility thanks to 4-way stretch and highly elastic seams. We love the Lenz 1.0 Heated Vest because of the long battery life and excellent heating performance.
- Mobile Warming 7V Heated Softshell Vinson Vest - The Vinson Vest for men features Mobile Warming's state of the art touch-button heating technology that enables you to adjust the temperature settings quickly and easily. This great heated vest is built with powerful and durable heating panels that provide balanced heating and warmth. Constructed out of 4-way stretch softshell fabric, we know you will love the comfort, flexibility, and versatility of the Vinson Vest. This battery heated vest is also constructed with a water-resistant shell, making it perfect for skiing, hiking, working outdoors, hunting or even just walking the dog. Customers love the Vinson Heated Vest because it works great as a stand-alone vest or can be worn as a mid-layer under a larger ski jacket or heavier work coat in the extreme cold.
- Gerbing 7V Battery Heated Thermite Vest - The Gyde Heated Fleece Vest is powered by Gerbing's Microwire heating technology to provide maximum warmth and comfort. Gerbing Gyde's Thermite Vest is composed of a deep, soft pile obtained by heavily napping the fabric with wire brushes. It is a two-sided pile fleece, which provides air space and good insulating properties, even when wet. Unlike other synthetic fleece, polyester fleece is known for its ability to resist pilling even after extended use. Gerbing developed a honeycomb structure that gives the fabric of the Thermite Vest a unique look while maintaining functionality. We love the performance and feel of the Thermite Heated Vest and we know you will too! Also available in Blue.
- Volt 7V Battery Heated Cracow Vest - Also available in Women's sizes. The Volt 7V Insulated Heated Vest was developed to be ultra-lightweight but with stellar heat retention capabilities. Constructed out of extra soft, 20 deniers mini-ripstop nylon lining with a quilted outer shell and containing 80 grams of lightweight, compressible, and heat-retaining insulation, not only does the Cracow Vest heat up on command, it holds the heat better than any vest on the market. This powerful heated vest features a 3-zone heat system concentrated at the chest and back powered by a rechargeable 7V lithium battery. No matter if you climb the nearest mountain or go down the block to get groceries, the Volt Cracow Heated Vest’s form, fit, and function is second to none.
Heated Headwear is a new and expanding sector of the heated clothing market.
- ActionHeat 5V Battery Heated Beanie - The ActionHeat Heated Beanie is designed for people who take on the outdoors, head-on. It features a nylon/spandex blend that provides a snug fit to trap your head's natural heat while still producing comforting warmth. Plush microfleece wraps around your ears and the lower portion of the head for ultimate comfort. Once the beanie is powered on, the heating elements quickly heat up your ears and head in under 10 seconds. The rechargeable Lithium-ion battery delivers 3 levels of heat, controlled by the temperature controller on the brim for easy access and hours of use.
- ActionHeat 5V Battery Heated Balaclava - The ActionHeat Balaclava, made from warm fleece, is the perfect winter headgear to keep you completely protected from the harsh winter elements. The ears feature large ActionFlex heating pads that use FAR infrared heating and ActionWave heat reflective technology to deliver hours of heat and comfort. You can wear this fleece balaclava in 4 different ways (traditional balaclava, hood, facemask, or scarf) to provide the perfect level of warmth and comfort for any activity. An adjustable drawstring with a toggle lets you adjust the neck opening to block out wind and rain.
- Glovii 7V Battery Heated Hat - Keep your dome toasty warm this winter with the Glovii 7V Battery Heated Hat. It not only looks great but also keeps you warm. The Glovii 7V Battery Heated Hat is capable of withstanding any weather for up to 6 hours. The hat is attractive and comfortable. There are 3 heat settings that you can easily access with built-in touch button control right on the front of the beanie.
- California Heat 7V Battery Heated Balaclava Helmet Liner - One of the best ways to keep your entire head warm is to wear a balaclava. The California Heat Heated Balaclava provides full-face concealment and protection from frigid conditions while riding a motorcycle, hunting, hiking, skiing, or doing anything outdoors. The thin poly/Spandex material allows it to easily fit under your helmet as well for warmth while you ride your motorcycle or snowmobile. Heating elements are located over both ears.