We don’t just do heated clothing. Welcome to our 2021 neck cooler guide.
Who uses neck coolers?
Anyone who wants to feel cooler in hot conditions! These easy to use and inexpensive products help everyone cool down.
- Construction workers, gardeners, or anyone else working outside
- Military personnel
- Those with medical conditions like MS which make them sensitive to heat
- Professional athletes
- Anyone who wants to cool off in the summer heat
How do they work?
We have two types of cooling neckbands:
The evaporative neck coolers work by absorbing many times their weight in water. As this water evaporates, heat is moved away from the body, cooling you down!
- Made of non-toxic absorbent polymers, PVA, or microfiber fabric
- Starts working as soon as it gets wet
- 1-2 hours of cooling time depending on the style
- Requires re-soaking for extended cooling time
- Intense cooling at the start with gradual dissipation
- Less effective in highly humid conditions
Best Available Options
- AlphaCool Neck Cooling Gaiter Tube
- Koolgator Neck Cooling Wrap
- AlphaCool Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Ultra Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Cooling Bandana
- AlphaCool Ultra Cooling Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Neck Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Cooling Bandana with PVA Liner
- Misty Mate Arctic Tie Neck Cooler
- uCool Neck Cooling Band
- Occunomix MiraCool Neck Cooling Bandana
- HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Neck Bands
- HyperKewl Deluxe Cooling Neck Bands
Phase changing neck coolers have inserts that are cooled by placing them in a freezer or submerging them in an ice bath for a few.
- Works in humid conditions
- Does not feel wet to the touch
- Must freeze inserts or submerge in an ice bath
- Intense cooling sensation lasts approximately 2-3 hours, depending on the style and brand
- Most inserts are filled with non-toxic saline solution or distilled fresh water
- Outer shell made of microfiber blend or terry cloth fabrics
Best Available Options
- AlphaCool Ice Band Neck Wrap
- Icy-Cools Ice Bandana Frozen Neck Cooler
- Black Ice Max Personal Neck Cooling System
- Black Ice CCX Personal Cooling Cool Collar
- TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Neck Band
- TechKewl Phase Change Deluxe Cooling Neck Band
- Cool Links Classic 2in1 Cooling Neck Wrap
- FlexiFreeze Ice Neck Wrap Cooling Collar