We don’t just do heated clothing. Welcome to our 2018 neck cooler guide.
Who are neck coolers for?
Anyone who wants to feel cooler in hot conditions! These subtle, easy to use and inexpensive items help cool down everyone.
- Professional athletes
- Construction workers, gardeners or anyone else working outside
- Military personnel
- Those with medical conditions like MS which make them sensitive to heat
- Anyone who wants to cool down in the summer heat
How do they work?
We have two types of cooling neck bands:
These neck coolers work by absorbing many times their weight in water. As this water evaporates heat is moved away from the body cooling the wearer down.
- Made of non-toxic absorbent polymers, PVA, or Microfiber fabric
- Starts working as soon as it gets wet
- 1-2 hours of cooling time depending on the style
- Requires soaking for extending cooling time
- Intense cooling at the start with gradual dissipation
- Less effective in highly humid conditions
Best Available Options
- AlphaCool 10-in-1 Neck Cooling Tube
- AlphaCool KOOLGATOR Neck Cooling Wraps
- AlphaCool Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Ultra Neck Cooler
- AlphaCool Cooling Bandana
- AlphaCool Ultra Cooling Wrap
- Ergodyne Chill-its Neck Coolers Cooling Bandanas
- Ergodyne Chill-Its Cooling Bandana with PVA Liner
- Misty Mate Arctic Tie Neck Cooler
- Occunomix MiraCool Cooling Neck Wrap
- Occunomix MiraCool Neck Cooling Bandanas
- HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Neck Bands
- HyperKewl Deluxe Cooling Neck Bands
These neck coolers have inserts which are cooled by placing them in the freezer or submerging them in an ice bath for a few.
- Works in humid conditions
- Does not feel wet to the touch
- Must be frozen in freezer or submerged in an ice bath
- Intense cooling sensation for approximately 2-3 hours (depending on the style and brand)
- Most inserts are filled with safe and non toxic saline solution or distilled fresh water
- Outer shell made of microfiber blend or terry cloth
Best available Options
- AlphaCool Ice Band Neck Wrap
- Icy-Cools Ice Bandana Frozen Neck Cooler
- Black Ice Max Personal Neck Cooling System
- Black Ice CCX Personal Cooling Cool Collar
- TechKewl Phase Change Cooling Neck Band
- TechKewl Phase Change Deluxe Cooling Neck Band